Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Let me take you down, I really wanna take you down...

All sexual references aside, this should be Bernard Pollard's theme song for the season.

I'm not a Pats fan. Anyone who knows me should know this about me.

Tom Brady, however, was supposed to be my knight in shining armour for this fantasy season. It felt good to have him, especially after an unforeseen mishap on draft day that left me on autodraft while my league-mates live drafted. It wasn't pretty folks.

But Tom Brady is. Very pretty.

He's also very injured.
Very torn ACL.
Very needs surgery.
Very out for the season.

But mon dieu, the man is pretty.

And thank God Favre is my backup... it's a pretty good deal as far as backup QBs go, and I'm thankful for that.

I decided to blog this a couple of days after the fact because I've calmed down quite a bit since Sunday afternoon. My initial reaction was: Brady's a bitch, hurry up and get back on the field... 3 points? Following this was any combination of: Effing Brady!; seriously?; you have to be kidding me!; He did this to spite me!

And the list goes on.

And then I heard talk of "ACL". Anyone who has ever played, or even watched a sport in their life knows that when talk of an ACL injury looms in the air, it's never a good thing.

First the depression set in: Man, this was supposed to be the good good.

Next, the reality: Okay, so for next week we'll have to switch in Favre... too bad he was on the bench this week just racking up the points that I can't use.

Finally, the human element: Shit. Tom Brady has a season ending ACL injury. That's actually sad, because he's a great athlete and this may have a lasting effect on his career.

It took me a couple of days, but I finally made it back around.

While many celebrate the accomplishment of Pollard's big take down, I mourn my fantasy team leader, and a damn sexy personification of athleticism!

No comments: