Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!

25.

Quarter Century.

Dos Cinco, even. (If you're a relative of Chad Ocho Cinco)

Whatever you want to call it, I seem to be one of few in my entourage who are excited about, and looking forward to turning 25.

Being that my birthday is so late in the year, many of my friends have already been there, done that. Some had small outings or get-togethers. But many have passed unnoticed, like any other day of the year.

Now maybe it's because I've always been a big celebrator of birthdays, or maybe it's because I feel like it's the beginning of the rest of my life... but whatever it is, I say 25 BRING IT ON! I've been looking forward to this one since I turned 24, and although I'm no longer able to do the seven day long celebration that I intended, I'm still planning to go three days strong for the big 2-5.

25 signifies the beginning of something new - finishing school, moving out for good, starting a new career and embarking on "real" adulthood. I don't know about you, but all of that is pretty damn exciting to me!

Some people call it getting old, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm just getting started!

No comments: