Saturday, April 26, 2008

Now's the time for you to make your move to the dancefloor...

I finally made it to Seven Lounge last night (a Friday night... live to air on Flow 93.5)... I've always wanted to go just because every time I've passed there on a Friday night the lineup is always down the street. I've listened to the broadcast many times... and it's always alright.... a lot of older music, but not too bad.

I went to see Simone off to the UK (even though we're hanging again next weekend before she leaves). We were literally the first people in the club.... now tell me why a club whose guest list closes at 11:30 doesn't actually open until after 10:30... does this seem fraudulent to anyone else? Never in my life have I stood outside of a club waiting... FOR IT TO OPEN! Thankfully the weather was pretty nice last night.

I had a pretty good time in spite of the fact that all night I heard a total of about 10 songs that were released in 2005 or later... and that's being generous. I did however, make note of a few crucial tidbits that helped to keep me entertained while I was there:

1. Coed washrooms - I didn't go in myself, but a credible source gave me this information. I think sharing hand-washing facilities is a great idea. Toilets... not so much. Even though most of us hover, the concept of a drunken boy/man shaking his shit all over the toilet seat is so very unappealing.

2. The white girl dip - is one of the world's great tragedies, and needs to be stopped. It's not sexy. But, if it has to keep happening, I hope it continues to happen in my line of vision so I can get a good laugh.

3. Panties - Silly girl and her boyfriend up against the wall right at the entrance to the dance floor area. My girl had on a dress that stopped about 3 inches (or 6.6 cm) below her coochie. This might not have been so bad but since her dancing consisted of her bouncing up and down against her gentleman friend, I had the misfortune of seeing her undergarments multiple times in the span of about 4 minutes.

4. Dance floor Jungle Fever - I have never understood why black men in clubs where black women are present choose to dance with white girls. This said... I have nothing against black men or white women (as a whole group). But it's just so awkward... mostly because it seems to happen most frequently to reggae music, which most white girls can't dance to. They try very hard to make some kind of gyrating movements with their lack of booty, while the men try equally as hard (if not harder) to keep them on the beat (an exercise in futility). Black men need to understand that this isn't the 1800s and dancing with a white chick doesn't give you status. White women - just chill out and know your roll... wait for the house music.

No comments: