Wednesday, April 16, 2008

1 & 2 & 3 & 4 and get them sit-ups right and...

Tuck than tummy tight and do your crunches like this....
Yeah I like Kanye.... and I thought it would be an appropriate way to being this entry.

Spring is in the air folks... the snow seems to be gone for the year (I can only keep my fingers crossed on this until about July when we're in the clear for a while), I've seen a cardinal and two robins, and as the days go by I'm getting closer and closer to ridding myself of my winter coats for the season!

I'm also resolved to get back in shape, as of yesterday. All winter I've been in school and working and grabbing naps where I could (because often full sets of REM sleep were just not possible) and I've been a hot lethargic mess. Key word being hot ;)

Yesterday I decided to jump back into it with my Power Yoga with Eoin Finn (courtesy of one Ms. KL Ferris)... 76 minute routine... and all I have to say is that it felt damn good. My body is out of shape and this is just the beginning of getting it back to where it should be.

Today I woke up in massive pain... feeling muscles that I haven't felt in months thanks to Eoin Finn (i like writing the name Eoin) and his 76 minutes of affirming my goals through yoga. I've decided that I'm going to alternate days, and since yesterday was a yoga day, today was a socacise day.

Yup I said it... I put it out there (copyright Lindsay Holder 2007 in case there's any idea snatchers out there) Soca.... as a form of exercise. After many years of feting... I've come to realize that a night spent dancing to soca is just as good if not better than any workout routine Jane Fonda or Marnie Winsor could give me. Therefore, a couple of years ago (and Sara Fung can attest to this) I started combining moves that I would do at a fete to create routines to my favourite soca tunes (and there are many.... keeps it interesting). It's a great workout, and the best part is that it's fun. Maybe it's just me because I love soca so much, but I'd rather do that than a step class any day.

This evening I also had the pleasure of throwing around the football with Kinja.... and while it wasn't a "real" workout per se, it was good to just be outside, taking in the fresh air, and most importantly working on my mess of a left hand... lol... not a pretty sight folks, but I'll be good to go by the end of the summer.

Yesterday - yoga. Today - socacise. Tomorrow - back to yoga. I might switch it up a bit... go with Cyndi Lee instead of Eoin Finn (did I mention I really like writing the name Eoin... cuz I really do!)... and I'm sure that from here on out I won't stick absolutely to this schedule, but it's a good starting point for me.

And for those of you reading this (which might not be anyone because most people don't know about my virgin blog) I want to encourage you all to go out and enjoy the spring and summer. There's so much to do from tossing a ball around with your friends, to biking, rollerblading, and taking classes.... but it's such a great time of year - don't waste it inside!

And for those of you who want to know more about socacise... if you don't know, you better ask somebody (me, specifically!)

No comments: