Sunday, April 13, 2008

And I'll take with me the memories

I'm done school. I don't want to say "forever" just because at this point in time, I still intend to do my masters in the next couple of years. For now though, I'm done school. No more exams (although I guess that really finished with UWO), no more assignments, no more speeches or presentations.... I'm done school.

It feels surreal... it's exciting and horrifying at the same time. Right now I don't think it's completely settled in yet... we don't have any final exams, so school just kind of ended abruptly. Now I get to (have to?) go out into the real world - get a job, move out of my house, and begin the rest of my life - and I'm really looking forward to it!

This was a great year though. It taught me a lot about myself, the way I handle pressure and stress, how I work with others, and how I work by myself. So to my fellow BB-ers... cheers to us for making it through this massively intense year and coming out on top!

I met so many great people this year, and I really hope that I can stay in touch with them. I know it's not realistic to believe that I'll be in touch with everyone from the class (and believe me, it's not to say that I even want to keep in touch with everyone...) but there are a few special someones who I met this year that I'd like to stick around, and I will actually make the effort to keep in touch with.

We went out the Bier Markt on Thursday night to celebrate. I'm not usually one to drink, but I was feeling particularly celebratory and oh boy did I have a great time. This was the only time aside from our Christmas party that everyone, with few exceptions, made it out, and it was just a great way to end the year. Everyone was in high spirits through all the tears and we did a whole lot of living, laughing and loving out on that dance floor.

So to those who came into my life and made such an impression on me in the eight short months that we've had together... here's to us... to you.... and to all the adventures that life has in store for us as we enter the next phase of our lives... show me six!

No comments: