Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday...

Hey y'all

It's been a hot minute since my last post, but I'm back. I'm going to try my best to stay on top of it this time around.

I figured this news warranted me dusting off the keyboard and getting back online.

Michael Vick--the NFL's controversial, just-out-of-prison quarterback and my favourite player, was officially released yesterday from the Atlanta Falcons' roster.

Damn.

We all knew it was coming. The Falcons have said many times over that if reinstated from his current suspension, Vick would no longer play for the club, but until yesterday they retained his contractual rights.

And now it's all over.

The 2001 first-overall draft pick is officially a free agent whose career hangs in the balance.

Personally, it's a sad day for me because even though I knew he wouldn't play in the Falcons' number seven again, there was still a small piece of me that hoped the team and their fallen hero could kiss and make up, and bring Vick back to the Georgia Dome where he belongs.

I'm confident that Commissioner Goodell will make the right decision (read: reinstate Vick) come the end of Vick's official sentence on July 20. And more importantly, I'm sure that there's a team out there who will go ABBA and take a chance on him.

And yes, I did make an ABBA reference.

Only time will tell what's going to happen with Mike Vick.

But for the moment I know that me, and likely a plethora of other fans around North America are feeling the official loss of our number seven.

No comments: