Friday, October 24, 2008

You're so vain... I bet you think this blog is about you...

Where's the line between just enough, and T.O.o much?

Yes, yes... I'm back on the football tip, but it’s not to talk about fantasy.

Unless you count that one with me, and T.O. and the shower.... but I digress.

Today's topic at hand is Terrell Owens a.k.a. T.O. You may have recently seen him wearing number 81 for America's Team, The Dallas Cowboys. And if you did, you probably thought "dammmmmn... that's hot." I did. Actually, I still do... every Sunday, and once in a while even on Mondays.

The man is a modern day God.

But then pretty Mr. O opens up wide and says something for the cameras, and like The Hulk, he's transformed from T.O. into Eg-O.

To bring you up to speed, I'd like to take a moment here to run off a few of my personal favourites. And I quote:

"Get your popcorn ready, 'cause I'm gonna put on a show."

"That's right. That's what I bring to the table, in case you somehow forgot."

"I would say no. I'm a competitor, and I want the ball. "

"Everybody recognized that I wasn't really getting the ball in the first half...I'm pretty sure everybody watching the game recognized it, people in the stands recognized it, I think my team recognized it. I didn't quit. I kept fighting and running my routes and trying to get open... There wasn't much more I could do."

So again I ask, where is that line? I mean let's face it - the man is sexy, talented and published (kid-lit and stuff for us grown folks). There's no denying that. But as a fan of both football and T.O. on a personal level, I have to question if all that is worth constantly taking an ego-full? I can't help but imagine that any conversation with him would be stunted with his utterance, "blah blah blah... I love me some T.O... blah blah blah."

No wait… that’s not my imagination. I’m just watching yet another media op…

He may be just enough sexy to get in there (ahem... the end zone that is...), but is he just T.O.o much mouth for my own good?


No comments: