Tuesday, May 20, 2008

No need for an attorney, your honour I am guilty...

I'm a soca junkie :)

Unfortunately this past weekend I didn't quite live up to my reputation.

I had to make some last minute adjustments to my long weekend plans as some unforeseen circumstances caused it to become a fiscally conservative weekend.

It was a lot of fun though... girl's/games night, random Irish pub in 'sauga and bowling with a little dominoes thrown in... all in all a good weekend.

But I missed Soca or Die.... "de only fete to last two days" AND I MISSED BOTH! Destra, Faye-Ann, Bunji, Maximus, Tizzy, Nadia, and Kerwin.. I missed them all in order to save some money. I'm a little cheesed... but the situation is out of my hands for now.

But man... this girl [that girl] needs a fix... I have my playlist, my iPod, Soca Therapy... but I'm in need a of a real good fete. My body is aching for blasting soca and no behaviour until 4...5...6am! I'm a soca junkie experiencing withdrawal and it's not pretty.

Tribal Knights had their band launch this weekend @ SOD... While I didn't make it out, I'm really excited because I saw the costume that I'm playing in and it's so pretty! If you're reading this and happen to be interested in playing mas (getting costumed) for Caribana 08 holla in my direction. In the words of Shurwayne: ah cyan wait.

On the real... give me some Machel (that's my one and only true desire) live with a band and I'll be good to go. But until then, any fete will do... like I said, I just need a fix like SLJ in Jungle Fever ;)

No comments: